then we changed it.
and changed it again.
so, here’s the list for today.
it’s ever-changing, but these are all places we’ve visited for at least a week or lived a couple of years or more; and recommend highly to others seeking romantic destinations:
1. bora bora: absolutely the most gorgeous island we’ve ever seen.
2. greek islands: slower pace of life, sunwashed buildings, blue domes, and a culture we always want to learn more about.
3. thailand: always special because we honeymooned here. peaceful and spiritual; lively cities and laidback beach villages; some of the most welcoming people we’ve met on any continent.
4. the pacific coast: from canada to california, we’ve lived in several cities, and never get enough of the pacific. from kayaking to sunset-gazing, it’s our favorite place to play, to dream, to love.
5. spain: the art, the architecture (old and ultra-modern), the food, the people, their language, the music … not as gorgeous as the greek islands, but everything about its cities and mediterranean seascapes speaks of romance.
6. italy: we could go on and on and on, but we’ll save it for future posts. pick any city or coastal village, it will be love at first sight.
7. france: we’ve lingered in paris or the south, and been too entranced to leave, but keep planning to stay in provence.
8. caribbean: this is near the top of our other top 10 lists, but when we’ve tired of scuba diving and beaches, its islands don’t have the appeal of other romantic destinations.
9. netherlands: sweet people, pretty landscapes, fairy-tale architecture and a canal-laced capital.
10. czech republic: a sentimental favorite. watch for future posts.